Monday, February 3, 2014

Steakhouse-Style Baked Potatoes

I adore potatoes. Every kind of potato, you name it, I love it. Au gratin, mashed potatoes, french fries, hash browns, tater tots, baked potatoes, roasted potatoes….every.single.kind. So, the other day when I made the meatloaf and the creamed spinach, since the meatloaf had to bake for an hour anyway, I knew I had time. And with the new double oven we got when we remodeled the kitchen last year, it was the perfect choice. 


Makes 8 Potatoes

8 medium-to-large potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.

Scrub potatoes clean and prick all over several times with the tines of a fork. Dry with a towel or set aside to air dry. Cover a baking sheet with foil. Place potatoes 2 inches apart. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn over and repeat for the other side. Place in the preheated oven and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until skin is crispy and the body of the potato is soft.


Another simple dish, not really a recipe, but so delicious--I had to share. It's perfect when you have time to make them and it's so much better than just microwaving them, which, admittedly is my default preparation for them. Later this week I intend to do a "baked potato bar" for dinner and I'll use this same technique and serve them alongside butter, sour cream, chives, cheese sauce, broccoli, bacon and whatever else we can come up with. Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment