Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chocolate Pudding




Makes 4 Servings

2/3 cup sugar
3 heaping tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon vanilla

Directions:

Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Whisk in milk. Bring to a boil and continue boiling until pudding begins to thicken and coats the spoon. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Refrigerate until firm. Serve with whipped cream and additional cocoa powder if desired.



Another basic recipe that is oh so good. I am one of those weird ones that likes my pudding still slightly warm and with the whipped cream starting to melt. I also like the lumps and the weird "casing" that accrues on top of the pudding. But this is just me! Make sure to whisk well when stirring in milk if you aren't weird like me and prefer no lumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment