Monday, July 8, 2013

Creamy Spinach Dip


Makes 6 Servings

2 pkg Knorr Spring Vegetable Soup mix
2 10 oz packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
16 oz. sour cream
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup parmesan

Directions:
Squeeze liquid out of spinach and place in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips or bread.


I love spinach dip! This is one of the tastiest versions I've ever had. My husband is a huge fan of it, he always tells me he's just going to take the bowl and a spoon and eat it all, LOL. My oldest daughter, Jade, and my oldest son, Noah, are both big fans of spinach just like their dad so they always get big helpings of this dip as well. In fact, Noah asked me if I could make it for his birthday dinner this year! He's so cute. I love seeing how much they love spinach. As a mom it makes me really happy when my kids love something so good for them (spinach in general, obviously, not this dip, LOL). They'll eat spinach any way they can get their hands on it, too. Makes mama so proud, *sniff sniff*. Haha. So I needed a second dish to bring along with me to the Fourth of July BBQ at our friends' house the other day, so I decided to whip this one up. It takes no time at all to throw together and it's always a big hit so it was the perfect choice along with my Bacon Cheddar Macaroni Salad that I had also brought. I've served this dip in a big bowl of pumpernickel bread that I've hollowed out; rye is also a good choice. I didn't get a chance to go to Publix though for a fresh loaf of pumpernickel so I ended up just bringing Ritz crackers and those were really good with it too. Gotta love this versatile appetizer that's always a big hit at parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment